Your Music, Your Way
Your Music, Your Way
“If music be the food of love, play on.”
Our company was founded in 2015 as an application development and software services provider. We have developed applications for Fortune 100 companies, including operating systems, credit card processing systems, global transportation companies, home content delivery systems, and stock trading applications, to name a few.
We now specialize in Android application development, including our flagship product: Alvə Player. Our goal is to make Alvə Player a full-featured media player that provides an intuitive, easy-to-use interface based on the latest Material Design guidelines. Initial versions of the player were pure Java written on top of a native Android media library. Much of the UI has been written, or rewritten, using the Kotlin language, and Kotlin will be our language of choice going forward.
A highly customizable media player for the Android platform which plays audio files on your device and also plays worldwide Internet radio stations. Future versions will support video and streaming content.
No cost. All features, including many advanced features not available in other Android media players, are free. There are Themes, sometimes known as Skins, that will change the look and feel of the app, but they add no new functionality. Theme sales fund the development of the application and all cost $0.99 USD per Theme.
Alvə Player will optionally download album art, artist art, and music metadata (sometimes referred to as a “Tag“). By default, this functionality is turned on, but over WiFi only, so as not to incur hidden data charges. You can turn off the WiFi Only setting and download over your mobile network, but data charges may apply depending on your data plan.
- Location – used to provide a list of local radio stations
- Read USB storage – read the media to play
- Modify USB storage – update the media file tag information
- Run at startup – scan for media changes
- Modify system settings – save media as a ringtone
- Full network access – download art and metadata
- Pair Bluetooth – react to Bluetooth connect events
- Google Play license check – ensure Themes were purchased
- Control vibration – haptic feedback
- Prevent device from sleeping – stay awake settings
- View network connections – determine if connected to WiFi
- Read Google service configuration – problem resolution and app customizations